Saturday, May 2, 2009

Free chocolate on a Saturday afternoon!


Saturdays are one of life's most wonderful things. Why? Because it's a day of no commitments, no responsibilities, where you are free to do whatever you choose!

Today I chose to give into my chocolate addiction and attend Taza's Open House in Somerville. Who knew there was a small building right in my own backyard that produces one of life's most delectable treats! Like the pied piper, Taza announced free chocolate and without being able to think of much else, I planned my Saturday around this amazing (and free) event, ready to learn how this wonderful slice of heaven is made (Ok, who am I kidding? And to taste the free samples, of course!)

The tour was short, but very interesting and informative. Taza produces 100% stone ground, organic chocolate that is minimally processed from bean to bar. Because it's stone ground, the chocolate has texture and depth. And the unique flavors, like Chocolate Mexicano Guajillo Chili, were seasoned to perfection. You could taste the pure love and care that went into making it in each and every bite (and I had quite a few).

The company is also environmentally, community and globally friendly, which makes it top notch in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment